Our satisfied clients have benefited from our professional food waste handling services to fulfill social responsibility and foster sustainable living. Instead of dumping the separated biodegradable food wastes into landfills, we turn them into reusable compost and other valuable materials.
We offer straight-forward food waste pick-up services along with comprehensive food waste recycling programs.
- Food Waste Pickup Services – Suitable containers (either provided by waste producers or by us) are used for source separation and storage. The food waste is collected by special vehicles to designated recyclers on a daily basis. Proof of food waste recycling will be issued upon request.
- Food Waste Recycling Programs – We can help you plan and implement a cradle-to-grave food waste management program as follows:
- training talks on source separation, composting and reuse of food waste
- provision of suitable containers for collection of food waste and compost
- provision and maintenance of food waste composters
- collection and distribution of compost for reuse
- issuing reports and records on food waste composted and reused
Food Waste Composting & Reuse
Food waste composting is a process in which food waste is digested by specific groups of micro-organisms with the presence of oxygen. The process can be operated either by natural means or by composting machines (composters).
Micro-organisms naturally exist in the environment can break down organic matters including food waste into water, carbon dioxide, heat energy and residual solids (compost). Natural composting is comparatively slow. It may take about 21 days or longer and turning or stirring the waste is required to let the micro-organisms obtaining oxygen.
Composters create favorable conditions to speed up the digestion process (completes in 24 to 36 hours) by:
- Increase the population of working micro-organisms – Selected micro-organisms are added into the starting batch of food waste and at later times when necessary.
- Supply of oxygen – Air is continuously drawn into the composters to provide sufficient oxygen for the micro-organisms. Periodical turning or stirring of the waste can enhance the exposure of the micro-organisms to the air.
- Maintain suitable temperature – Temperature control device together with the agitator ensure an optimum thermal zone for the digestion process.
- Control humidity – Ventilation and agitation systems of composter help carry away excess moisture produced from the digestion and hence avoid drowning the micro-organisms.
Compost is the residue left after the food waste being digested. It can be used in a variety of activites: agricultural, horticultural and landscaping, land reclamation, etc.